Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bailey and Mr. Clyde

Every Tuesday night we are a part of the Lifetalk that meets at Clyde and Georgine's house. Mr. Clyde has taken a liking to Bailey and the feeling is mutual.  Both Bailey and Davis are included in the Bible discussions there.  I think it makes them feel validated and useful in a room full of adults who sometimes sound like they are arguing because they are so passionate about a particular topic.  Last night Mr. Clyde asked if he could keep Bailey.  He decided she is cuter "than a bug's ear."  Bailey and I were talking about this at bedtime and she said, "I just feel like I can be myself there."  I can't think of a higher compliment about their hospitality than that.

On the way home we were playing a car game where we tried to find words along the way that started with the next letter of the alphabet.  Home, in, Jim, Kroger...liquor!  Oh, how I long for the days of innocence when Davis couldn't read.

No comments:

Post a Comment