Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Worry--I've got the Fever, He's Got the Cure

I'm not an out loud worrier.  I tend to keep it all inside and then BOOM! it all comes out at once, usually directed at the person closest in proximity to me, namely Scott.  Sunday night however, we studied Matthew 6:25-34 with the young adult ministry at Angel's Island Coffee (shameless plug.)  Of course, who worth their Christian salt hasn't read, "Don't worry, be happy?"  I mean, "Don't worry about all the physical stuff.  God loves you more than the birds and the flowers.  You can't add any more time to your life by worrying.  Grow up and get some faith!  Search for God's kingdom and all that other 'stuff' will come out in the wash.  Concentrate on finding God today and let tomorrow come, tomorrow." (Denise International Version)  For me, the cure comes in the form of giving all my worries to God, one by one if I have to, over and over again.  And when asked by someone else, "Well, what about this and what about that?"  I can with confidence say, "God is faithful and He will provide.  I don't know how and I don't know when but I do know Who."  In fact, later that night while Davis was fast asleep he distinctly and loudly said, "Forget about it, I do this all the time."  Words of a mob boss? Or words of comfort and confirmation?  I choose the latter.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are incorporating the DBS in your blog lady - great thoughts! ~Monica

    ReplyDelete