Friday, July 31, 2009

P.S. I Cried During This ENTIRE Movie

Have you ever done that?  Cry during an entire movie?  Not just parts but the whole thing.  Well I didn't think it was possible but today I was proved wrong.  I wasn't crying for Holly aka Hilary Swank.  I wasn't crying for their terrible fights.  I wasn't crying for her bad singing or rendition of Betty Davis.  I wasn't even crying for the way Gerard Butler talks out of the side of his mouth.  I was crying for my friend Bonnie.  I was crying for the fire she is walking through.  I was crying for her children.  I was crying for their anniversary.  I was crying for what can no longer be.  I am crying now.  I salute you Bonnie and your kids and your family and his family and your friends.  I pray for you all.  I plead with God to make it easier.  I stand beside you in spirit, in The Spirit.

I had to follow that movie up with something a little less traumatic: Hairspray.  It's got a good beat and it is easy to dance to.  Bailey came around to watch the final scene and I said, "That's John Travolta dressed up to play Tracy's mom."  Bailey said, "Isn't he embarrassed to be doing that?"  Truer words, Bailey, truer words.

2 comments:

  1. Denise, I also cried during this ENTIRE movie & made Ben come over & cuddle w/ me about halfway through...just try to remember the beautiful Ireland scenes & not the sad stuff:) ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you read my blog. I'm not sure anyone else reads it. My first mistake was checking the movie out knowing the content and the experience we are walking alongside with our friend. Second mistake, Scott was out of town. Third, watching it in the afternoon with kids going in and out of the apt. trying to concentrate. Fourth, maybe I was a little moody to begin with.

    ReplyDelete